collectors of dreams - etsy shop

Saturday, May 11, 2013

"Quanto mais conheço os homens, mais estimo os animais."
- Alexandre Herculano


(fotografias de um artista Espanhol - descrição e links abaixo)


















"Caged

The project started by chance back in 2008. I was visiting the local zoo, which I hadn’t been to in ages, and started taking pictures of the captive animals, just like everyone else was doing. My attention kept being drawn to their eyes, which, to me, seemed very sad, and I ended focusing my camera on them. I was intrigued by whether my impressions would be apparent to other people in the images. I wondered if that popular old saying, referring to humans, that goes “the eyes are the windows to the soul” could hold true for animals as well."
“I saw deep in the eyes of the animals the human soul look out upon me.”
-Henry David Thoreau
(retrieved from http://oscarciutat.com/project/caged/ - um Projecto do artista Espanhol Oscar Ciutat).
© Oscar Ciutat

No comments:

Post a Comment